It is designed for quick and easy testing and experimentation with GNU Radio and HackRf One, without having to make any permanent modifications to a PC or laptop. It is not, however, an installation DVD. It is supplied as a DVD ISO image to be downloaded and burned onto a recordable DVD disc.
In order to clearly see my screen during the demonstration, viewing the video in full screen mode may help. Even better: You can download this video in high resolution (720p). (torrent)
in this lesson
- packaging and enclosure
- USB port
- ANTENNA port
- CLKIN and CLKOUT ports
- testing USB transfer rates
- updating firmware and CPLD
- RF amplifier
- Download the latest HackRF release.
- Update the firmware on your HackRF One. For this and the subsequent steps, you may want to boot to Pentoo or the GNU Radio Live DVD.
- Update the CPLD on your HackRF One. There is a known bug that prevents this from working on Windows. How about trying one of those live Linux distros?
- Determine the maximum sample rate supported by a USB port.
Hackrf Firmware Update Windows
Hackrf One Windows 10 Software
Software Defined Radio with HackRF is copyright 2014, 2015 byMichael Ossmann and is released under the CC BYlicense.